Let me start by saying one day this sweet lady appeared in my drive with a big surprise! It was a brand new sewing machine for me to use to my heart's content! That lady....MY MOM! ♥ The first day I got the sewing machine--I completed a project that I started but couldn't finish with the other sewing machine I was using--due to some "issues" I was having with that machine!
So, back to this project! I just KNEW I had seen something about making a shrug out of an old shirt, but WHERE....what blog.....??? I finally did find the instructions. Very simple and easy to follow. Go here to see: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/tshirt_shrug This will really help you to see how it's done.
Basically here is how to do this....
1. cut shirt up the middle
(They also cut all the way around the neck, but I didn't. I can see now where that might be a little better way to do it in the long run so you don't have a bit of extra bunched up fabric)
2. fold over and pin the sides and all the way around the neck (make sure it's folded "in"!)
3. sew from bottom--up all the way around the neck--and back around the other side to the bottom
4. insert a piece of ribbon tied to a pencil and push it through from one opening to the other
5. pull ribbon until you get the "bunched" look and tie
(One side note. I used a shirt one size up. I kind of like it a little "loose" rather than a fitted one. I might try it again with one in my size and compare.)
Oooo--la---laaaa! You are SO creative!!! And you have a new shrug! Wear it around the house and you'll feel like a new woman! ☺
| Before....just a regular old shirt |
| And my finished project! (photo courtesy of Paige Revak Photography ☺) |
| A close up with the ribbon |
1 comment:
That's adorable! I'm very impressed.
Post a Comment