This was the first (and I'm pretty sure the last!) attempt at this monstrosity of a cake. I printed the recipe out about a year ago, so it was one of those desserts I wanted to try. I made it for our 10th anniversary. Let me warn you--it will take a small fortune to buy the ingredients! But, it does make a big one. I would say it probably weighed about 8 pounds! (oh, yes, very good for the waistline!) So, if none of this seems daunting to you, then by all means, make it and totally ENJOY every morsel! I would give it two thumbs up in taste....but pretty much an epic fail in the presentation department! :-)
PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE...go here for the recipe!
http://www.askchefdennis.com/2010/10/its-the-great-pumpkin-cake-charlie-brown/
I did three layers and it looks pretty nice--right? Weeeelllllll.....I was able to capture a decent picture, but look at the next one!
It was falling apart...I literally had to shift about a third of the cake to another plate because of the caving going on! Like I said-epic fail in the presentation department! But, Erik didn't care what it looked like. I wish I could count this as like--THREE desserts. (oh well...) :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment